Photos

Today I made a photo album (finally) of my time in Kandern. As I was scrolling through the particular ones I wanted, my heart started to ache and I began to miss my friends and students once again. I think the hardest part for me right now is that I haven't talked to a lot of these friends on a regular basis like I thought I would. Many have gotten married or just simply lost touch, as is what happens when life goes on.

The time I had in Kandern was so sweet and precious. I miss it everyday and it's never far from my mind. I can't believe almost five years have come and gone so quickly. The students I had as sophomores will start their junior year of college in the fall. My little sixth grade babies will be juniors in high school.

Sometimes I feel as though I've been forgotten in the time that's come and gone. I know Kandern isn't the same for everyone because we all had different experiences. But when I look at the pictures of my time there, I am reminded of just how blessed I was to get a taste of what real community looks like.

I miss you, sweet Kandern. You're never far from my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts