So Many Things

I wanted to update this blog but there's so much going on that I have no idea where to even start. So I'm just going to post about everything and you read what you're interested in reading.

Ok, first of all, I have to talk about the World Cup. I LOVE soccer. I also love that I'm in the majority over here working at BFA because most all of my friends also LOVE soccer. I love Mario Gomez, I think Bastian Schweinsteiger (Schweini) is awesome, and I have a special place in my heart for Mesut Özil. So obviously, I cannot WAIT until Germany plays Portugal on Monday night!



Grad is tomorrow at BFA. It's the one thing I've both been dreading and looking forward to at the same time. I'm looking forward to seeing my kiddos in cap and gown and being able to celebrate in their success of leaving High School to go onto university. I'm dreading it because I have a lot of special kiddos in this class that hold a space in my heart. Today at grad rehearsal, I had to go in to place the senior Choir members on the stage and as I walked into the auditorium, I began to get teary-eyed. I'm sure I'll be a mess of tears tomorrow.


After Grad, there's the goodbyes. To students on Saturday and to friends on Tuesday. Farewells are not fun for me. I don't like them, but I know that being an expat, they are a healthy way of life just what we have to do over here. I'm just sad to lose some special friends that won't be coming back next year. They've made these first two years here an absolute blast.


And on Wednesday, I FLY HOME!!! YAY!!! I'm really ready for summer and to be back in Florida for a while. Lots to look forward to and I can't wait to be back on American soil for a few months until I return to Germany in August.

I hope to update in the next few weeks so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts