Peace and Tea

I am a slacker.

Well, ok, I will give myself some grace.

I am a slacker when it comes to updating my blog lately.

Actually, I'm a slacker when it comes to updating anything. Blogs, newsletters, grades...(although, that last one isn't my fault. I went to upload grades three times and they still haven't showed up on the website!)

However, if you do receive my newsletter, here's the deal on that:

I was working on my newsletter on Friday evening and on Saturday my computer decided it would be all ridiculous and shut down on me. After troubleshooting over the phone w/Apple for an hour (that should be quite the phone bill), they determined my hard drive had crashed. Wonderful. Because we all know a hard drive for a MacBook Pro isn't going to be cheap. So, on Monday, I drove into Basel and handed over the computer to the geniuses at the Mac store. They determined it would be ready in 2-3 days.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I got a text that my computer was ready to be picked up. Driving back into Basel, I was oddly at peace. There was money in my account to pay for the repairs and I knew God was going to take care of me. Still, there's just something about actually having to hand over that money. Oy. (Also, when I say drive now, I mean that I am driving a manual/stick and I'm doing it all the time. It is amazing to me that something I dreaded so much a few months ago, I don't really even think about anymore)

I got to the Mac store and found out that my computer did not need a new hard drive. A wire had just come loose underneath and it was fine! And the best part? NO CHARGE!!!!! Yay Jesus! So, with the money I didn't spend, I treated myself to a Skinny Pumpkin Spiced Latte at Starbucks.

In other random news, I've been getting into tea lately. Being from the South, I grew up on my mother's sweet iced tea. But I have to say that I prefer a cup of hot, black tea over the iced stuff now. Tonight I had dinner at a friend's house from church and she gave me a tea pot and Yorkshire Tea! I'm already excited about making a cup tomorrow! In fact, I might be starting to prefer it over coffee (Miracles will never cease!).

All that to say, God is good. In the midst of a few chaotic moments, I still find time to revel in bliss and am thankful for the ways he has provided for me in the last week.


Comments

Popular Posts