No Longer a Newbie

Last week I was able to spend time with a few of the new teachers that have arrived in Kandern. Since none of them have internet, I've opened my home so they are able to keep up with family back home, etc. Yesterday, Amy and I drove into Basel for church and brought Laura along with us. Laura is teaching 9th grade English this year and is a lot of fun to hang out with! Last night, I got to have dinner with Dayla, who is here to teach Strings and Orchestra, so we'll be in the same department. It's been interesting for those of us who were new last year to take on the new role of not being new anymore. Now we're the ones who get asked questions and are showing people around, etc. I was really sad at the end of last year because of everyone who left, but God has once again showed his faithfulness and brought people into our community that I hope to get to know just as well.

Here's a pic of Dayla and me at dinner last night:


Comments

Popular Posts