Emotion. Which one?


This week has brought on a ton of emotions. Excitement for the end of the school year. Anticipation for the summer. Sadness for those students who are not coming back next year or graduating. More sadness for friends who are not coming back. Then there's the stress of trying to get everything finished and turned in and cleaned before leaving to go Stateside on Tuesday (I actually leave Monday afternoon for Frankfurt).  I want to feel one emotion, but they all have a tendency to come at once and I'm either smiling or crying or running around in a panic. I haven't slept very well this week because my brain won't shut off. Last night we had a going away party for one of our small group girls and one of the students who is a Junior this year came up to me and said, "Miss Stroud! I'm a senior now!" which made me realize each year here around this time is only going to be harder the closer I get to these students.

I can't wait to share with some of you face to face just how much this first year at BFA has meant to me. I hope by then, I can define the emotion I'm feeling because right now, it's undefined as to what I want to feel the most.

Comments

  1. Allison! Im SO excited to see you in August and hear all about your year! Much Love <3

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts