And When We Say Goodbye....

I've lived overseas now on and off for the last 10 years. If there's one thing I know about being an expat, it's that we're constantly saying goodbye to friends. At BFA, that's certainly not an exception. Every year, people go and come. This year, I was one of the "newbies." I was one of the ones who was asking how to get places, how to do things, how to work online grading, etc. But soon it became second nature. I got used to seeing the same friends, sitting across from them at work, meeting up with them for a coffee or a meal, hanging out with them on Tuesday nights, etc. And now, these friends are leaving. They're moving on to a new life back in North America. My heart hurts but I know that this is part of what happens when you're in an environment like BFA. It still doesn't make it any easier. I know that in the next three weeks before school ends, the goodbyes will become more and the pain of it won't lessen. But I'm so thankful. I'm thankful that the Lord allowed me to get to know these sweet friends this year because it surely made the transition into life here so much easier.

Thank you Natalie, Jill, Emily K, Emily W, Tommy, Jon, Lauren, Viki, & Anna. I'm so thankful that God put you in my path this year.

Comments

Popular Posts