#34

Tomorrow is my birthday. I love my birthday. I think everyone should be just as ecstatic about their very own day as I am. But that's just my opinion.

I'm going to be quite vulnerable and honest here. There are a lot of things I thought I'd have by the time I was 34. One of them was a husband. The other was a few kids. Now, please don't go and get all "delight yourself in the Lord" or "don't worry, the Lord has one right around the corner." And please, please don't say, "Paul was single, too!" This isn't a post about that. In fact, it's just the opposite.

A few years ago, I probably would have cried if you had told me that when I was 34 I would still be single. But I probably wouldn't have had a clue what I was going to experience, either. I am living in one of the most beautiful places on earth, near some of my favorite people, I'm going back to the church that has always held a solid place in my heart, and above and beyond that, I get to teach something that has always been my dream to teach. I get 26 of the most amazing high schoolers everyday and have the best time with them. Sometimes, I still can't believe I'm living out my dream.

I still have the desire to be married and to have children. But I'm OK. I can honestly say that right now, I'm OK.

...oh and also, we're not 100% sure that Paul was single or not...he could've very well have been a widower...thank you Dr. McDonough for sharing that last year.

Here's to 34 years of a wonderful, blessed life. Thank you, Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts