End of All Staff Conference & A Birthday

Since arriving in Germany, I've been in meetings almost everyday and getting acquainted with the new and returning staff. It's been great but also a little tiring, especially for those of us who started off with the crash course in German 3 weeks ago! However, yesterday, we had our last meeting and then had a sweet time of Communion, where we stood around the BFA auditorium together in one big circle. It was amazing to see just how many of us represent Black Forest Academy! The whole time I kept thinking, "It's here. I'm really working at BFA and it's all come down to this moment in time." God is good.

Last night, a few of us went to celebrate Brittany's birthday at Funfschilling, a restaurant I became familiar with when I lived in Weil 4 years ago. It's locally owned and HUGE, especially by German standards. Their soup of the day (Tagessuppe in German!) was Pumpkin soup, which is my all-time favorite. It was nice to sit back and relax with new friends and enjoy a bowl of amazingly awesome Pumpkin goodness, especially after a long and intensive three weeks.

Thankful.


Comments

Popular Posts