Dinner is Served

Community is very important, no matter where you are in life. I'm blessed to have two communities over here in Germany. My BFA community in Kandern and my Basel community both at ACB and beyond.

Last night, I was invited to dinner at the Hunkler's home outside of Basel. The Read's were there as well and we had a fantastic meal together and laughed a lot. These two families have been so special to me and I consider them my 2nd families over here, along with the Hakkaart family, who I au paired for 10 years ago. I spent the night and then went into church today with the Hunkler's and it was just nice to be with friends I consider family.

Today as I was moving out of one temporary apartment to another (more on that later), the Tackett family, who lives across from my 1st temporary place invited me, Amy, Rachel, and Taylor over for dinner. The Tackett's are new to BFA as well and super fun. They have two little boys, Preston and Brayden, and we had fun playing with them before dinner (and during and after!). The dinner tonight reminded me once again of how thankful I am for this little community up here in the Black Forest.

I'm not dealing so much with the transition of missing the States or home, I'm dealing with the transition of trying to find a rhythm and balance over here since not having a permanent home just yet. Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to Saturday when I move to my apartment and can really settle in!!

Comments

  1. hi allison, i hope u get settled in to your new permanent apartment soon. then we can come over for dinner! heehee. when my uni stuff is out of the way i will have u over for chinese food at my place too! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts