Finding Rest in Transition

Brie came over this morning for our weekly get together of our Bible study, Gospel Transformation. We got our coffee, sat down on my futon, and opened our books. Before we even started, Brie said, "So, how are you doing with everything?" By everything she meant, well, everything. It's a weird sort of feeling I have right now. I'm stressed, but not so stressed that I am feeling hopeless. I'm sad because I know the time is drawing nearer to say good-bye, but at the same time, I know that means I'm only closer to Germany. I do have a lot left to do class wise, but I know it will get done. It always does, even when we're all running around here like chickens with our heads cut off. So I keep that in mind that it WILL get done. It has to. Because if it doesn't, there will be a nasty F on my final grade and excuse me but I have worked too hard not to get all of this finished!

It's so hard to describe transitioning out. I've tried and I know people want to understand, but if you've never done it, it's impossible. Surprisingly, I've discovered when I transition in or out, I become more introverted. I know. Shocking, right? Some of you would have never guessed that this little extrovert would ever consider being in a quiet place without people around. My mind is a million places at one time, lately. I want to finish well. I want to say good-bye well. Those are my main concerns right now.

A verse that keeps coming to mind is the one in Matthew 11:28 which says,
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


I think this is where I find my rest in the busyness of life and school and transition.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts