A Tale About a Pigeon

I'm sure if you've been following my blogs for a while, you have already read about this story I'm about to share. But I think it's quite relevant and kind of goes along with what this week has been like for me and what the future holds as well.

When I was living in Germany (I like how after August I will now have to say 'the last time I lived in Germany..'!) I remember waiting at a bus stop on the way to a meeting at church in Basel. It had been a rough month support wise and I hadn't gotten nearly enough in to pay bills. I was sitting at the bus stop silently panicking about how I was going to make ends meet. 

And then I saw him.

A pigeon.

He was pecking at the ground, he looked quite stout as pigeons go, and he didn't seem to have a care in the world. He'd also nearly missed being hit by a passing car, but you know how pigeons are. They seem to have that last minute sense to get out of the way before becoming roadkill. As I watched him, I was immediately reminded of Matthew 6:
"Don't worry about your life. What you will eat or what you will drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Isn't life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the sky; They don't sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you worth more than they?" Matthew 6: 25-26

Calculating up my support over and over isn't going to make it come in any faster. Worrying that I won't get the designated amount I need by August also isn't going to make it come any faster. Yet, knowing that GOD IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL and cares more about me than stinky pigeons reminds me of who I put my trust in. If he provides for those rats of the sky (sorry but that's what I compare them to!) to get all they need, He is going to provide for me and you to get all we need, whether it's monthly support or whatever your need is.

Next time you see a pigeon (or even worse, a seagull..don't get me started on those nasty things!) be reminded of your Heavenly Father and just how much He cares about YOU.

Comments

Popular Posts