Random Musings about Europe and Travel

Sitting in Brie's living room and listening to a British solo artist while sipping on coffee. It's a lazy day and my last full day in Europe (unless you count traveling tomorrow which I don't). I've been to Berlin before, so I don't feel that I'm missing out on many of the touristy spots.

Plenty of people have asked me before what it is that I like about being in Europe. It takes me a while to think about "what" b/c I have so many things I love about being over here. For one thing, I don't mind the smell of smoke. I know it's killing us all slowly. But there's something comforting about smelling cigarette smoke and feeling at home. I know this is super odd. And in America it's completely different. But I digress.

It makes me sad that Europe is now seen as "unsafe." I feel like the world in general is unsafe. But we can't live in fear. We can't let this hold us back. Those of us who love travel, we must continue to travel and see the world.

I'm excited to see my family and I'm excited for what is ahead with my new job, but there is a big part of my heart left on this continent and there always will be. I will never be done with Europe or seeing the world.


Comments

Popular Posts