Life in the Journey

Over a month, actually. But, hey, I've been busy.

I've been thinking recently about all that God has used in my life just to put me where He wants me. I have been back and forth to Europe, let go from a job in Georgia years ago, was a Concierge at a 5 star hotel, went to seminary in Boston, and dated a guy I thought I'd marry but I'll never see again, all so that I can be right where He wants me to be.

See, this is why I will not ever begin to comprehend the mind of God. It is way too vast, way too mind-blowing, and way too creative for me to begin to comprehend.

Last week I went on a cruise and every night I'd go out to the balcony and look out over the water. It was kind of daunting. First of all, the ocean freaks me out thanks to that terrifying shark movie Spielberg came out with a while ago. Second, trying to fathom just how deep the ocean has to be to carry the weight of a ship is mind boggling. But it caused me to think about the depth of God's love for me and how vast his plans are. In my finite mind, my plans can only extend so far in my head. I'm so glad I don't have to plan out the rest of my life. It's hard enough to plan out a few hours in the day.

I've also been reminded lately of how much I don't want to be exposed. I try so hard not to let anyone see my fleshy parts. Unfortunately, the longer you hang out with me, the more exposed I become. I talk a good talk about being "real" with people but I've been a hypocrite of that. I hide behind insecurities and have discovered just how much I have to run to Jesus with it.

So, other than working and planning out my year of theatre with my new set of kiddos, this is what I've been learning.

Oh yes, transition is still a huge part of life. I'm still amazed that the grocery store is open on Sundays here. And football. I've watched 3 football games today. And I don't even like any of the teams. I just have missed watching college football.

Go Canes.

Comments

Popular Posts