In the Alps



Back in August, Amy asked me a few things I'd like to do before I left in December. Among going to Barcelona, Dublin, and Christmas markets, there was also going to see the Alps one last time. So, she set up a whole trip for us at a chalet in the little town of Adelboden, Switzerland. It literally looks like all those postcards and pictures you've probably seen of the Alps before.

There were eight of us total and we all planned meals together and brought plenty of food, drink, and even the entire series of Friends. On Friday night we enjoyed dinner together, then watched the newest Romeo and Juliet. Saturday was filled with a small hike to the waterfalls, hot chocolate in town, and then back to the chalet for lunch, hot tea, and a six-hour Friends marathon. After dinner, we watched The Holiday, which solidified our girly-girl weekend.

I haven't slept in on a Saturday in 2 months. Yesterday I got to sleep in and enjoy breakfast in my pajamas and relax with a cup of coffee in hand while practicing my love language of quality time with those nearest and dearest to my heart. It was truly something of a God thing because everything was just so laid back and relaxed.

Leaving today was very bittersweet. I admit, I've taken the Alps for granted. I've been more times than I can count and each time I'm more amazed and awed than the last. It's something that takes my breath away when I'm in the midst of them. I know I won't be back for a long time and instead of the two hour drive it takes to get there, I'll be a good 9 hour flight away. I'm so thankful to Amy who got this trip going and to the seven friends who surrounded me this weekend with just a bunch of fun and laughing. Lots of laughing.

Four 1/2 weeks left here. Enjoying it to the last drop.

Comments

Popular Posts