Embrace the Valentine

Today, instead of wallowing in the "sorrow" of my singleness, I embraced it. I embraced waking up and going to teach and getting to hear some amazing melodies from my kiddos. I embraced talks with my friends, a rose given to me by a student, hugs throughout the day, grocery shopping for Valentines Dinner, and then the dinner itself. Sitting around a table and toasting each other and how God has given us this time and this moment to be together as friends and sisters in Christ. Watching a movie and indulging in sweet treats. And getting driven home while snow began to fall once again.

I embraced each of these moments and not once did I start to feel sorry for myself, because this life that I am living is given to me each day. This is the life He chose for me and while I wouldn't have expected to be single on this 34th Valentine's Day, I'm able to enjoy it and experience loving on my students and my friends here at BFA.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts