Do You Need Some Chocolate?

It's the middle of the semester and we can all feel it. I know many of my friends/colleagues are a bit more sluggish (I'm including myself in that mix for sure) and the kids for sure are dragging a little more. The newness of everything has worn off and life has begun in full swing. There are multiple activities after school: High School play, volleyball, tennis, club meetings, etc. And of course on top of it they've got normal amounts of high school homework.

So today as I was in my planning period, it was no surprise that one of the students who stopped by our faculty room kind of dragged himself in looking for one of his teachers. He looked tired and as if he wanted to go to sleep. I couldn't blame him because today I've felt tired a lot myself. I keep a stash of dark chocolate in my desk for those days when I need a pick me up and since this poor kid was looking as though he was wishing for a nap, I said, "Do you need some chocolate?"

His eyes got big and he immediately answered me with an emphatic, "YES!"

Sometimes, all it takes is a little chocolate ;)

Comments

  1. So true!!!! I may drop in for a pick-me-up sometime if I'm dragging (that is, if my own chocolate supply has run out)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts