Flannery O'Connor

A great quote was given to us during our Sonship Retreat a few weeks ago.  I'd like to share it with you:

"All human nature vigorously resists grace because grace changes us and the change is painful."


As we go through life we are always going to be bombarded by change.  It's only through grace, and God's grace alone, that we can learn to ride the waves of change in a healthy way.  It's never fun and even if you are one - like me - who doesn't mind change, it still disrupts us and the path that we think we should be moving on at that specific time and place.

I'm sure we're all of us going through some type of change right now.  Changing schools, changing jobs, changing friends, or, like me and several others I know right now, changing back to a home culture.

These past few days have been full of change.  Some days have been easy, other days have been painful.  And it's through the painful days I've needed to rely on Him even more.

I hope you'll do the same.

Comments

  1. Your blogs always bless my heart and challenge me to look at God's grace in a fresh way! Love you tons!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. great quote! I love her writings. Glad that this summer was a great experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts