Starting an Adventure...

Last fall, I was introduced to the OMP (Overseas Missions Practicum) at GCTS.  The OMP gives students the opportunity to do a missions trip either with a team already set up or to make a trip up on their own.  I knew immediately that this was something I was on board for when it was presented.  When I found out that there were no trips headed to the European continent, I began doing research and got hooked up with World Harvest Mission www.whm.org.  My friend Brie, who also has a heart for European ministry, was interested as well and so long story short--Brie and I will be headed to Vienna, Austria on June 14 to work with a church plant, New City Wien!  We will spend 8 weeks ministering and assisting with our other teammates--Amanda Arfsten, Allie Dyar, and Eva Holder.  We met Amanda and Allie this weekend at our orientation with WHM.  It was an instant click and made me even more excited about this summer and the opportunities that await.

So...for the next 6 months, this blog will be updates of support raising and ministry in Vienna and I hope you will join with me in prayer and excitement about all that I'll be experiencing.  Life abroad has always appealed to me and I know that this is just one more step in furthering the plan God has for me.

I encourage you to check out the WHM website as well as New City Wien's website:
www.newcitywien.at

Also, Brad & Stacey Hunter, who are the head team leaders in Vienna have a fantastic blog and it's definitely worth a read:
www.5hunters.blogspot.com

Below is a pic of the four Vienna interns:  Amanda, Allie, Brie, & Alli!

Comments

Popular Posts