I Didn't Want to Admit it but...

...I'm actually starting to feel at home in South Florida.

I know, I know...I never thought anywhere could feel like home again. Kandern and Basel were as close as it had gotten for me to feel that I belonged anywhere.

"You move around a lot." Yeah, I know. Some of that by choice, some by circumstance, all of it by divine providence.

I've now been in South Florida longer than anywhere else in the last 2 1/2 years since being back in the States. As per usual, I started getting restless 3 months into being here last year and started wondering if I should just go back to Germany, try and find a job back in Jacksonville, anything but try and sprout roots.

Then, somehow it happened that I got more comfortable. I started making friends, renewing friendships from the past here, and found a church home.

Yes, I still miss Kandern and Basel. Yes, I'm still sad I don't get to see my nieces growing up as much as I'd like. Yes, I miss my friends from all over the place. But I think I can admit that I'm here for a reason and that it's more than just seasonal.

It's nice to finally be able to breathe and relax and know that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be....and longer than a year and a half ;)

Comments

Popular Posts