Refreshed in South Carolina

Last weekend, I met up with three of my dear seminarian friends from Gordon-Conwell in a little town outside Charleston. I was going to say goodbye to my friend, Brie, who is leaving for Germany in a few months to do ministry there. The bonus was getting to hang out with Lyndsay and David at their new home and see David preach at their church.

Upon arriving, I was exhausted after having worked all day and being on my feet. However, the exhaustion quickly faded when I saw my friends. We ordered in pizza and watched an episode of Naked and Afraid. I have to say that when I'm with Brie, laughter is never an issue. We laughed a lot.

On Sunday, we went to church and David preached a simple, but wonderful sermon on the Gospel and what we're making our gospel. Afterwards, we hung out while David preached at the 2nd service and then headed into Charleston for brunch and walking around the city. Stay tuned for Part II....

Brie, Lyndsay, and me after church

Love my sweet Brie Brie!

BRUNCH!!

Writer's Block, Bloody Mary, and Water (Lyndsay is preggo)

Southern Breakfast Sandwich (bacon, pimento cheese, fried green tomato, fried egg...yeah, no dieting on this trip)

Southerners love our RC

Southern Belle through and through

City Market

First Presbyterian Moncks Corner


Comments

Popular Posts