Sufficient Grace.

I'm not going to lie. Yesterday was rough.

I woke up not feeling rested at all and immediately began to survey the chaos that is now my bedroom. There are piles placed not so strategically everywhere indicating what is to be sold, what is to be given away, what goes with me to Orlando, and what goes in storage to Jacksonville. Then there’s my furniture consisting of a mattress, a bed frame, two night stands, a very large shrank (German for stand-alone closet), a dresser, a desk, and a desk chair.

I left for school (slightly later than I wanted to leave because I hit snooze due to the lack of sleep I got) and thankfully God gave me strength for teaching Choir and Acting before heading home and getting someone from BFA Housing to look at my room and tell me what needed to be done before I left.

Please don’t say I have to re-paint my room. Please don’t say I have to repaint my room. I kept repeating this silently over and over in my head.

“It looks like you’re going to have to repaint your room.”

UGHHHH!!!!

“I hope this doesn’t cause anymore stress.”

Too late.

After debating about whether or not to have students come over and paint or if Christine and I should just knock it out together over Lorenzo’s pizza, we decided on the latter.

Thankfully, I had a re-entry counseling session yesterday and was able to flesh some of my frustration out. I felt a little better upon leaving and enjoyed my usual Monday evening of dinner with Amy and Rachel at the McKells and watching Property Brothers.

When I came home, I sat in the living room and worked on my talk for Friday’s Middle School chapel and that’s when I heard a drip-drop-splat sound coming from the kitchen. Our refrigerator needed to be defrosted, which isn’t a huge deal, but you know after you’ve had a stressful day, it’s just one less thing you need, right?

So Christine came home from dorm subbing and we sat on our kitchen floor and watched as the ice slowly melted in our frig, laughing about the fact that we were, in fact, sitting on our kitchen floor watching ice melt. I have the best roommate. Seriously.

Finally falling asleep last night, I reminded myself that even though five weeks isn’t a long time and even though I feel like none of this will ever get done, I know it will. I will sell the piles of stuff. I will sell my furniture. The German Salvation Army will get a plethora of my clothes. The room will get painted. The refrigerator will defrost. I will say a farewell to one of the most wonderful places in the world and be OK. And five weeks from today I get to hug John. So there’s that, too ;)

Within the chaos of moving internationally once more, I’m constantly reminded that God has always supplied me with what I needed. There are always friends who want to help, who offer that shoulder to cry on, roommates who choose to paint your room with you on a Friday night, and people God puts in my path that remind me his grace is sufficient, even on the rough days.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts