I Have Not Been So Great At....

 ....updating. I apologize for those of you who read this blog. Not that y'all are sitting on pins and needles anticipating a post, but I do like to be efficient in getting them out.

I've been back in Kandern now for almost a week (tomorrow). It's pretty quiet around here. Most people are back in the States/Canada visiting friends and family and the kiddos are scattered all over the globe with their families. I'm moving to a new apartment on Thursday and will be sharing it with my friend, Justina. Justina is in France visiting her parents and will come back on Sunday.

We are also sharing a car, that, quite unfortunately, died on me in Basel last Sunday. The clutch gave out and I was stranded. Thankfully, I have some wonderful friends at my church here who took care of me and the car! I'll be honest - I really don't know if I did something or not to cause this clutch thing. I just started driving stick back in the Spring and so I'm a bit green. The car is in the shop for now and we're praying it gets fixed before Sunday when I'm supposed to drive to the airport to pick up Justina.

So, for the next three weeks I'll be unpacking, getting reorganized (well, my definition of reorganized which is probably different than most people's....what can I say? I'm an artist ;) ), finishing up a class for seminary (yes, two more to go until October), and doing work weeks at BFA. New staff arrive in August and then we start All Staff Orientation the last week of August. I'm looking forward to school starting back. Summer is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but I do enjoy being in a routine not to mention the fact that I am ecstatic about teaching this Acting class this year!

Below are pics of the new place. I'll post more once we get all of our stuff organized in it:

The Green House! We live on the bottom floor. My bedroom window is on the right

Entrance way

My bedroom. I got to keep the furniture there instead of having to move all of mine!
Hallway
Justina's room
Living room (definitely NOT ready for people yet, but soon!!)
Bathroom
Kitchen...WITH A DISHWASHER PRAISE JESUS!!!!
The Partywagon

Comments

Popular Posts