Energized

It was another one of those days. It's the end of the quarter. Grades are due. Kids are getting restless. Teachers are getting restless.

So by the end of the day, I wanted to crawl into bed and go to sleep. Then, I went to play practice (I'm the assistant director) and as soon as I walked into the auditorium, felt energized. Even as soon as I sat down, one of the kids came up to me and said, "Miss Stroud, can I go get you a coffee at Hieber's?" Like he needed to ask (ok he actually did have to ask, since he's one of the main players). Needless to say, coffee + doing what I love doing was enough to wake me up from the 2pm slump fest I'd been having.

At small group tonight, we joined forces with another guy's small group and did pumpkin carving at the Stemple's house. It was awesome. The kids carved pumpkins and we munched on homemade chocolate chip cookies and hot chai tea and listened to music (these kids love "Party Rock" and "Gangnam Style"... it's played at every BFA event/get together!). It was so much fun getting to be with all of our girls and the guys who joined us!

After small groups are over, we meet back at the school. I was able to chat with a few of my drama and choir kids and felt a little honored to be asked my opinion of how one should ask his girlfriend to the Christmas Banquet :)

So yes, it was one of those days. In fact, it took a lot of energy out of me. But it's when I'm with these kids that my energy is revived and I get this peaceful, content feeling just knowing this is exactly where I'm supposed to be.







Comments

Popular Posts