Regrouping and Randomness

Today was MUCH better. I started off the morning reading this passage from 1 Corinthians:

26 For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards,[c] not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; 28 God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, tobring to nothing things that are, 29 so that no human being[d] might boast in the presence of God. 30 And because of him[e] you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God,righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 31 so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

I got to school on time today and was able to relax a bit before heading to Choir. My kiddos sounded awesome today. I love what I do.

Today was my 2nd time with Middle School Choir and since I didn't have an accompanist, we instead went over the syllabus and a Get to Know You sheet. I'm still learning how to adjust to teaching Middle Schoolers, though today was easier. They're a sweet little bunch.

Then back to school for High School Play practice, which lasted an hour and a half. We're doing the play Quiet Summer and I'm loving being back in the world of the stage for sure!

After everything was finished, Jill drove me to Lörrach so that I could buy a phone (phone and internet get hooked up on THURSDAY! YAY!) and then over to the Reads' so I could get my boxes that Brie mailed over the summer. It was a bit of an adventure coming back. Neither of us was familiar with the route back to Kandern and so we ended up driving over to Rheinfelden. We joked that at least we didn't end up in another country. That's always a good thing when you live on the border of 2 of them!

To end the night, I went to a New Staff Gathering to debrief about what we've been learning in the last few weeks over here. I finally got back to my apartment, had a small unpacking party and got excited at things I hadn't seen for a long time (since leaving Boston), and now I'm listening to the rain pound against the roof as I type this.

Yes, today was a much better day. 

Comments

Popular Posts