M-I-S-S-I-O-N-A-R-Y: what does it mean?

I'm curious. When you hear the word "missionary" what do you automatically think? Be honest. I am sure your first thought isn't someone like me going over to work at an international Christian boarding school with MKs. It's ok. I'm not offended. Because honestly, when I hear the word "missionary" my first thought is the continent of Africa and some guy living in the bush with the natives. Or I think about all those missionaries that came through my church when I was a child and shared the slideshow with Ray Boltz's "Thank You" playing in the background. Or even being in GAs (Girls in Action) at church and making tin cans to put quarters in every week for our missionaries overseas.

And yet, here I am, six months from departure, doing this yet again for the 2nd time as a full-time missionary. Some of you have said to me, "I don't know how you do this support raising thing." Well, I'll tell you--I don't either. All I know is that this is what I know I've been called to do. There is not a shadow of doubt that I am going to where I am supposed to be. But I wanted to be honest with you all and let you know that I don't see myself as anything special. I'm just doing what I've been called to do just as you are all doing what you are being called to do. I'm not a Super Christian and I certainly don't feel any better than anyone else. No, no one has said any of that to me, but I just wanted to clarify because I know the stereotype that can come when you hear the M word.

I'm so thankful for you all. I just wanted to share a little of what was on my heart.

Have a fun Friday :)

Comments

Popular Posts