Keep Reading!

Melissa ran into me last night after reading my last post about Romans 5:3. Her exact words to me were, "Keep reading! There's hope at the end of endurance!"

So I kept reading. And she was right (Melissa is usually right). There is hope after we endure through suffering:
"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, and proven character produces HOPE." Romans 5:3-4.


But wait! There's even MORE! (Melissa, I actually read on so that you wouldn't tell me to keep reading again..haha). This is what the rest of the verse says:
"This hope will not disappoint us, because God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:5.


So, what have I learned this week? Suffering + Endurance = Character AND Hope.

Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts