What I'm learning...

My strength is pretty poor compared to His

My heart is wicked and unjust and in need of His Love

Self-pity is a big form of pride and of that I'm guilty

Acting like an orphan and despairing is relying on myself and not on a Father who wants me to put all of my trust in Him

What does it really look like to trust Him?

Just because something didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, that shouldn't mean that my whole day is ruined

He loves me.  No matter what.  Even when I screw up.  Which I do all the time.

He longs for me even when I don't long for him.

I need Him

He rejoices over me

When I feel shamed, that isn't from a loving Father, but from the enemy, who wants me to believe I am awful and have to fix it on my own.

There is a difference in guilt and conviction

Jesus. Loves. Me.

No matter how hard I try, I will never live up to the expectations I set for myself.  It's impossible.

He is enough. Period.

Pruning will never be an overnight miracle.  It's going to take the rest of my life because of the brokenness I live in.

Comments

Popular Posts