Sometimes...

This semester has been stressful.  Physically.  Emotionally.  Spiritually.  I've needed to get away and find rest.  True rest and peace.  And so last week I made the decision to take a little getaway trip to see the Antrims in Pennsylvania.



I mentioned before about transitioning out of life in the States into a new life for next year and this family knows all about that since we served together in Germany 4 years ago.  Last night we went and saw a play at the kids' high school and then came home and just sat in front of the TV doing nothing.  It was the most relaxed I'd been in a while.

This morning I slept in until 10 and we went and got breakfast at a little cafe up the road.  And now I should probably be working on assignments for class but I'm just enjoying the peace and solace of sitting on an oversized couch and listening to Ashleigh & Dale as they play on the Wii.  This is what my soul has needed for a while.  Just a time to reflect and pray and RELAX.

Ready for this weekend to be long and relaxing!

Comments

Popular Posts