One Week Left in Austria

I'm sitting at Starbucks off Michaelerplatz (I probably just butchered that spelling) across from the Spanish Riding School.  Today is our Retreat Time and I started it off at "my" Starbucks on Kärtnerstrasse.  I got a seat by the picture window which is my favorite spot.  Quite fitting since this is one of my last times there.  From there, I walked along the street to Stephansdom and sat inside, listening to music and reading from 1 Corinthians.  It was pretty sacred and I spent a long time just pondering a lot of "stuff."  I left Stephansdom and then headed down to the Jewish Quarter.  There is a big memorial there to the victims of the Holocaust, listing all of the concentration camps where Austrian Jews were killed.  We had visited this on our first day here in Vienna, but I hardly remember that as I was severely jet-lagged!  I walked back to the Graben, one of my favorite spots and then down Michaelerplatz to the Starbucks where I'm sitting now.  I'm a/b to meet up with the girls at the Rathaus for dinner and then a drink at Museums Quartier.  I know that this week is going to go by very fast because that's just how time has moved here all summer.  But today was peaceful and just like Saturday, I enjoyed some much needed "me and God" time.  Tomorrow we're going to pray at the Int'l Christian School of Vienna and tomorrow night will be our last Family Night.  It's all very bittersweet but at the end of the day, I'm so grateful that I had this opportunity.  More to come later ...

Comments

Popular Posts