In the last week..

...we have done a lot!

Monday-was our last German lesson and afterwards, Inge, our instructor, went with us to a Sri Lankan cafe near our apartment.  If you've never had Sri Lankan food it is DELICIOUS!!  After lunch, we had our retreat time and I headed to Starbucks and then walked around the 1st District

Tuesday-we took some of the older kids from English Camp to a toboggan run here in Vienna.  I went down at least 4 times!  On Tuesday evening we had our weekly Family Night at the Hunters and our theme was Raclette and The Sound of Music!  I will never tire of that movie!

Wednesday-Brie and I met up with an English Camper and her mom, grandmother, stepfather, stepbrother, and cousin to tour the Natural History Museum.  Afterwards, we ate at a Viennese brewery.  It was so great to be able to talk with the family and hang out as this was what I had envisioned on this trip!

Thursday-was Bible study and Thursday night we had roommate game night.  We played Telephone Pictionary, Story Hour, and Balderdash.

Friday-Brie and I went to an old cemetery where Beethoven is buried with Ewald Ring and his family.  Ewald is a Gordon-Conwell grad and is from Vienna.  We had a great time with them!  Last night Lindsay came over and made fajitas and sangria and then we all watched Baby Mama together.

Today-I slept in and then went to Schönbrunn Palace to take a tour.  It was beautiful and I enjoyed hearing more about the Hapsburg family and their empire.  I had a wonderful time afterwards window shopping and venturing to parts of Vienna alone that I hadn't made it to yet.

Monday we will leave for our Sonship Retreat in Schladming, a little town about 3 hrs from Vienna.  I'm looking forward to this but at the same time, I know that when we get back on Friday, I'll have just a little over a week left in this amazing place...

Comments

  1. You should blog/journal a little every day you're there so you can read it again and again and keep these last weeks fresh in your mind -- forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts