Pruning

In the last few days I've felt it.  I know that there is a specific reason for Him bringing me all the way across the world.  As much as I'm here to minister, He's ministering to me, too.  Pruning is never fun, nor is it ever easy.  But it's necessary for us if we're ever to be the person we were created to be.  I read this today in Hebrews:

"No discipline seems enjoyable at the time, but painful.  Later on, however, it yields the fruit of peace and righteousness to those who have been trained by it" Hebrews 12:11


Well, that's the truth if I ever heard it!  Of all the days to read a passage like that.  Yesterday, I blatantly said to God "I don't want to be exposed over here.  I don't want my teammates to see me being mean or pouty.  So I'm just going to hide it." And right away, this is what I got from that "You hide it all the time. So if you keep hiding it, how am I ever going to transform you into what I created you for?!"

I'm going to be blatantly honest:  Pruning sucks.  It hurts.  It's certainly not something I am enjoying right now.  But in the end when the "fruit of peace and righteousness" finally spring up, it will be something that was worth it.

Oh and also--just because I'm being pruned in this absolutely beautiful and gorgeous city certainly does not make it any more fun or exciting.  In fact, it probably hurts worse because I'm out of my comfort zone.  But when I return, I hope to be a different person because of it.

Comments

Popular Posts