And we're off!

So the past two days have been a whirlwind...literally!  I got into Philly around 2pm, grabbed a bite at the train station, and then hopped on a train for Jenkintown and the Sending Center.  It was so good to see all of the interns I'd met in February as well as my fellow Vienna girls!!

On Sunday evening we had a fantastic Philly Cheesesteak dinner on the terrace and played a round of Apples to Apples.  You will relieved to know I found a puton here at WHM ;)  Pics to come later!
We crashed when we got to our host home and were blessed with a delicious breakfast the next morning along with an amazing cup of coffee!!

Monday we left for the SPADE Retreat Center outside of Philly and had two intense Bible studies.  We also made a life map which was extremely therapeutic!!  Monday night we had a cookout and bonfire (this is my 3rd bonfire in a week!) and then some of us girls went back to our room and shared our life maps with each other.

We returned to the Sending Center today around 10 and had a prayer meeting with the WHM staff, sharing our hopes for our different internships.  Right now, we're killing time before we have lunch and then the Kenya & Vienna interns are going to the airport!!  This time tomorrow, I"ll be in my new temporary summer home!!

Pictures of our weekend to come soon but for now I need to go grab food and then get ready to leave!!

Comments

Popular Posts